Apparel Measuring Techniques
Note: Any person on the upper limits of any measurements should consider ordering the next larger size.
1. Neck: Measure around the base of the neck where a collared shirt would fit, or measure a collarband on a shirt that fits you well. Lay the collarband flat. Measure from the beginning of the button hole to the center of the button
2. Chest: Measure well up under the arms, across the shoulder blades and over the fullest part of the chest. Hold the tape firmly, but not too tightly. Be sure that the tape is level and straight across the back while in a natural stance.
3. Sleeve: Bend the elbow slightly. Start at the center back of the neck and measure across the shoulder to the elbow and down to the wrist bone.
4. Waist: Remove the belt. Measure over the shirt (not over the pants), at the position pants are normally worn. Hold the tape firmly, but not too tightly.
5. Hips: Stand with heels together. Measure around the fullest part of the hips, holding tape measure level.
6. Inseam: Use similar style pants that fit well. Lay them flat, with the front and back creases smooth. Measure along the inside seam of one leg from the bottom from the bottom of hem to the crotch.
Apparel 2013 Index
home | sitemap | contact us by e-mail | about us | help | apparel index | in-transit delivery time | shipping charges
apparel terms and conditions | conditions of use | privacy statement | glossary of terms for apparel